IS THE CHALICOTHERIUM OVERPOWERED? How to tame/Everything you need to know! (Ark: Survival Evolved) from youtube by ThickFreedom
featured video : Everything You Need to Know About The Crocodile Hunter's Daughter
featured video : Super Cream - The Everything You Need Curl Styler
NEW ARK 248 UPDATE! Comes with the Chalicotherium, Kaprosuchus, and Diplocaulus! Three new dinos are introduced into the world of Ark: Survival Evolved. The Chalicotherium may look a bit odd at first, but once you've had a few drinks with it you find out it's actually a pretty good dino. The health, stamina, strength, and weight carry are all pretty good. The only weakness I found is the speed. The Chalicotherium with it's massive arm size can throw boulders anywhere, anytime. I still don't know how it does it. I mean literally anywhere. You could be in the ocean and it would be able to throw a boulder at you.
Check out update 248 patch notes below:
* You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals ;)
- New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST! Details for Hosting Dedicated PGARK Here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/
* New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
* New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
* New Dino: Diplocalus!
* New Dino: Chalicotherium!
* Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
* Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage
* Neuter/Spay option for Tamed Dinos (irreversible!)
* Radial Wheel Menu text size now scales with number of entries (to avoid Diplodocus overload, etc)
* Spectators can now see player-talking moving lips & hear voice chat when in range
* Fixed player collisions onto big dino ragdolls
* Non-Drop-In Supply Crates (Cave/Underwater crates etc) no longer have decreasing Health over time (no longer autodestroy), but they can also not accept Inventory anymore and can not be used to generate Boss Tribute Portals.
* System to completely add/subtract/override all Map NPC Spawners via INI (highly useful for PGM spawn tweaking). Fully Mod NPC compatible as well! Details here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/99062-quickie-procedurally-generated-arks-how-to-guide/
Here some more info on the Chalicotherium.
Wild: Found in small numbers within the Island's colder regions, Chalicotherium obsideoquus is normally a peaceful herbivore that prefers to spend its days lazing about or playing with its family. It is very territorial, however, and the entire family, young and old, will turn against an encroaching creature at just the slightest provocation.
Domesticated: While many creatures are useful while attacking a fortress, Chalicotherium can be trained as mobile artillery. Its unique playtime habit becomes a rather devastating long-range assault tactic when it is given boulders to throw, rather than snowballs!
Known Information: A strange scene to stumble upon is a group of Chalicotherium playing. One odd playtime activity for Chalicotherium is hurling large balls of snow or mud-rocks at each other. Smaller creatures in the area shy away from Chalicotherium during this exertion, for fear of being buried in snow or gravel.
Perhaps the oddest mammal on the island, the Chalicotherium is best described as a hybrid between a horse, a gorilla, and a panda. Like a gorilla it walks on its knuckles, but whereas apes have hands, the Chalicotherium bears wicked claws. These claws are used for pulling leafy branches towards its mouth, but are deadly in combat. The creature seems to bear some rudimentary intelligence not unlike an otter as troops of them can be seen hurling snowballs at each other like some sort of war game - something that also proves handy against local predators like Hyaenodons, Direwolves and even Daeodons.
Need a powerful server? We got you! Check out Host Havoc and support us by using this link!
JOIN THE SHAFT! SUBSCRIBE TODAY!!!
►PATREON - https://www.patreon.com/ThickFreedom
►DISCORD - https://discord.gg/SpffAvJ
►THE SHAFT PUBLIC PVP THE CENTER SERVER ! https://arkservers.net/server/220.127.116.11:27069
- PVP STEAM GROUP http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thickfreedompvp
►THE SHAFT PUBLIC RP THE CENTER SERVER !
- RP STEAM GROUP http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thickfreedomrp
Big thanks to our patrons for supporting us!
Production Music courtesy of Epidemic Sound: http://www.epidemicsound.com
Royalty Free Music by http://audiomicro.com/royalty-free-music (for videos that make use of music tracks)
Sound Effects by http://audiomicro.com/sound-effects (for videos that make use of sound effects)